YDE ACCOUNT PAYMENT OPTIONS
To Our Customers
The lockdown has caused massive disruptions for all of us. With all our stores temporarily closed since Thursday 26 March, we have had to look at new ways to accommodate customers to pay their accounts.
We want to share the following new channels through which to pay your account, and hope this helps you to keep your account in order while all our stores are closed.
Online Banking – Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) or ATM
You can pay your account from your bank’s online website or by using your banking app.
It’s best to select Young Designers Emporium from the approved preloaded beneficiary list;
If you prefer use these Bank Account details:
- Standard Bank – Current Account
- Account Name: YDE
- Account No: 070296227
- Branch Code: 051001
- Reference: Please use your 14-digit YDE Account Number as the reference number. You can find your account number on your statement or the front of your account card.
- If you don’t know your Account Number, please use your South African Identity Number as the reference number.
- Always double check your reference number is captured correctly.
Pay via an Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
We are a preloaded beneficiary with all banking institutions.
- 1. Simply register with your bank online
- 2. Select Young Designers Emporium from the list of preloaded beneficiaries
- 3. Use your 14-digit YDE account number in the beneficiary reference field.
- Setting Up A Beneficiary online Per Bank.
Customers can now pay their account using EasyPay at stores that accept EasyPay.
These include Shoprite, Checkers, Pick ‘n Pay and Woolworths. Or online at easypay.co.za or their customer app.
This is how it works:
- 1. Send a FREE SMS with your account number to 45125 to receive a unique reference number to use to pay your account.
- 2. YDE may also send you an SMS or E-mail with a specific unique reference number to use to pay your account.
- 3. When you go to the store, provide this unique reference number to the cashier.
- 4. This is a new service, the store might not know that you can pay your YDE account using EasyPay. That’s Okay - simply ask them to please use the unique reference number from your SMS or E-mail.
- 5. The cashier must enter this unique reference number.
- 6. You will be asked for your name and phone number.
- 7. The payment will be processed.
- 8. A receipt will print with EasyPay Blkads, amount paid, reference number and transaction reference number. Blkads is the code we are using – it is the CORRECT code
- 9. Please keep the receipt as proof of payment.